Matwork Teacher Training Program
Pilates Mat Teacher Training is the perfect vehicle for learning the principles of the Pilates Method. It is affordable, easy to integrate into different settings, and introduces people to the foundations of Pilates. BASI regards Pilates Mat Work as the “crown jewel” of Pilates. There is no part of the Pilates system that exemplifies the principles of the method, particularly flow, quite as well as the Mat work.
The Mat Program provides a thorough education in the Pilates Mat Work and its infinite applications. It is also the perfect springboard to the Comprehensive Program. The Mat Program is also taught as a part of the Comprehensive Program and is the same curriculum for U.S. and international students.
This program is comprised of 24 hours of lecture, discussion, and exercise practice and exercise analysis divided into six modules.
Upon completion of the course, you will be qualified to:
- Work according to the principles of Pilates and introduce them to your clients and students
- Assess posture and posture types, as well as detect postural deviations
- Solve problems and provide effective exercise solutions to many physical conditions
- Compile comprehensive and safe Pilates Mat work programs tailored to individual and group needs
- Adapt a class to different settings and environments
- Integrate small apparatus into a Mat class to achieve optimum results
- Use the BASI® Block System to successfully administer Mat work classes
- Analyze and understand the Pilates exercises based on anatomical and biomechanical principles
- Demonstrate at a high level the vast repertoire of classic Pilates exercises as well as a wide range of original BASI exercises
- Modify exercises according to the needs and goals of the individual
- Establish a sound foundation to embark on the CTTC
Program schedule is subject to postponement or cancellation, based on student enrollment.
Visiting Faculties are Female Only
*All fees are in U.S. Dollars and payments are made directly to BASI online
October 28 – 31, 2021
November 25 – 26, 2021